Cladding the Outside

With the roof complete, the final step to complete the external of the observatory was to add the ship-lap cladding. Thinking this would be the easy part I started off on one side hammering them in by hand.

However I quickly realised after just a few boards that I should order a nail gun and make this part easier.

Over a couple of days when the weather was kind, I managed to finish three sides of the cladding before realising I didn’t have enough. As I wanted full lengths across I ended up with lots of small off-cuts I didn’t account for when measuring up so needed to order more before I could complete it.

When that arrived I finished off the last side, and then it really started to look good. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out if I do say so myself, and the result is better than I’d imagined when I started out.